cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor installation

Raj4215
Tuning in

Screenshot_20220504-165059_Chrome.jpg

 is this a joke?, had engineer out today who was ment to be doing work outside my property, but the same cable is still going to the house (over 20 years old), and also theyve pulled this wire out and left it like that on my wall which joins with the pavement (danger to public), this is not a good start to joining VM can some sort it out.

9 REPLIES 9

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Ray4215, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see the engineer has not completed the work that has been started. Did the engineer advise that they would be coming back to complete the work? If so, have you been given a time and date for this?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Tommorow is ment to be the date for everything to be setup very much doubt it as old broken wire still going to old broken box on side house, but they have left that wire hanging out for a few days now anyone can come and pull it out, or even worse trip over it and make a claim

Ah ok, if there is an engineer coming tomorrow they will be able to help with this. I was checking to see if the visit was happening soon as if not this is something we could've flagged to the area manager to send an engineer out. I don't think anyone would be sent any earlier than tomorrow so it's best to leave your appointment as is.

Please let me know how this goes tomorrow, if you need any further assistance with this we will be happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan,

How would i get intouch with my area manager? Or could you help me with an update for a fix on my installation?, its currently connected to the neighbours line.

Thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Raj4215, 

Thank you for getting back to us here on the Community and our apologies for any delays. 

We would not be able to provide contact details for the area manager but we would be happy to look in to this from our side and provide you with an update. 

To do this, we will just need to confirm a few details via private message which I will pop over to you now. You should be able to access the message via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Raj4215
Tuning in

scince joining you guys a few weeks back i have completely been fobbed off, before having VM installed i was told i would have my own line and not a shared one with my neighbour, i was also told this fix was only temporary by the engineer who originally connected it up but scince then I have had zero communication from you guys apart from when i ask and you always tell me theirs no update or estimated fix date which i find is pretty disgusting behaviour from yourselfs, i myself am a BT tech advisor and wouldnt dream of treating any of my customers the way you guys have treated me, I also have requested to speak a manager over the phone on multiple occasions too which has been ignored by advisors. If their is not any update or if you cant contact the area team for an update can you get me through to someone who can cancel this contract for me as iv never recieved the service i signed up for and your repair service/procedures are a joke

Hi Raj4215

Thanks for coming back to the thread. I am sorry for the delay in replying. 

I can see during a system check you've spoke to the team since posting. I hope you've got everything resolved but let us know if we can assist further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

The phone advisors couldnt give me an update either so no one actually resolved anything, but i have decided to leave you guys anyway now due to the incomplete installation.

Thanks for getting back to me John 

Hey Rak4215, thank you for getting back to us. I am really sorry to see you have left us.

We wish you all the best with your new provider and if you ever need us again in the future you know where we are. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?