cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor customer support and service

Lokismith
Tuning in

On the verge of ditching Virgin.

I have no supply (broadband, tv and phone) since 12th August. Reported issue same day, the fault being caused by Cambridge city council removing a tree from front of property and cutting the cable.

Virgin attended on the following Tuesday and verified no signal. After a few phone calls to Virgin and taking advantage of upgrading to Volt package, I am told an engineer would be with me on the Friday 19th. What a waste of time that was as he came to install the Virgin hub 4. Couldn't do that as there was, you guessed it, no signal. He made a few calls and emailed someone and verified that a team would be out the following day to re pull a new cable. Waited in and no show. Phone call to Virgin had them running round like headless chickens. No one new what had happened but I was given a date of 8th September. No way was I happy with that.

On the evening of 22nd August I receive a text message to say the cable re pull was going ahead on 23rd August. I used the "chat" facility within the text to get Virgin to actually confirm this as I didn't want to waste another day waiting. You guessed it, no show. Should of put money on that one!

Phoned retentions team yet again only for more apologies and excuses. 

I then decided to fill out the complaints form as it made me feel better.

And here we are today 24th August. Got a text from Virgin saying they are responding to my complaint that I raised online and have been trying to contact me. (perhaps if the phone line wasn't dead then they would have got hold of me LOL) They didn't ring my mobile either. Anyway, I phone them, got through to retentions who must no me personally by now, and was then passed onto another person who seemed to have some authority. That person made enquires while I held the line. Eventually got back to me and promised the team would be at my property today between 8am and 1pm.

Well what do you think?

They never turned up. I am now ragging.

Phoned retentions  at 1.15pm today 24th August and they have nothing on file for a visit today. Then gave me some ridiculous excuses about system updating takes 24 hours to verify things. What a load of codswallop.  I just could not listen to anymore garbage. Told the person I was going to my local news paper and I hung up.

I have been a customer of Virgin Media since they merged with NTL.

Is this how you treat your loyal customers??????

13 REPLIES 13

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You need this escalating by a VM forum team member and on to a local area manager to deal. At the moment your repair will be stuck in VM's twilight world of cable renewals - the land where time stands still.

One of the forum VIPs or a forum mod might move this topic to another forum as the forum team don't reply here in 'Community Natter'.

In the meantime, if you reported this by phone on 12 Aug, you will be due compensation

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

Keep good records of all your contacts with VM and their failed promises to make sure you are paid the right amount once you are repaired.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Your topic has now been moved into 'Quick Start'. One of the VM forum team should reply here in due course.

jem101
Superstar

@Lokismith wrote:

On the verge of ditching Virgin.

OK fair enough

I have no supply (broadband, tv and phone) since 12th August. Reported issue same day, the fault being caused by Cambridge city council removing a tree from front of property and cutting the cable.

Yes OK these things sometimes happen - the important point being how they are dealt with.

Virgin attended on the following Tuesday and verified no signal. Yes well really the cable's been severed so no s**t Sherlock. After a few phone calls to Virgin and taking advantage of upgrading to Volt package, Hang, on what? your connection isn't working so you upgraded? Well yes good for VM who can get more money out of you, won't help you in any way shape or form but still...  I am told an engineer would be with me on the Friday 19th. What a waste of time that was as he came to install the Virgin hub 4. Couldn't do that as there was, you guessed it, no signal. Oh, no what a surprise, nobody could have possibly suspected that... oh hang on wait....  He made a few calls and emailed someone and verified that a team would be out the following day to re pull a new cable. You were lied to, they can't guarantee anything at all. Waited in and no show. Quelle surprise! Phone call to Virgin had them running round like headless chickens. No one new what had happened yep that's fairly normal but I was given a date of 8th September. No way was I happy with that. Well tough, you are just the paying customer, there's no way they are bothered in the slightest about what you want....

On the evening of 22nd August I receive a text message to say the cable re pull was going ahead on 23rd August. I used the "chat" facility within the text to get Virgin to actually confirm this as I didn't want to waste another day waiting. No, please don't tell me..... You guessed it, no show. Should have put money on that one! ah who would have thought that?

Phoned retentions team yet again only for more apologies and excuses. Yes that's what they are best at, so at least a degree of consistency there!

I then decided to fill out the complaints form as it made me feel better. OK well that's something, ....... I think!

And here we are today 24th August. Got a text from Virgin saying they are responding to my complaint that I raised online and have been trying to contact me. (perhaps if the phone line wasn't dead then they would have got hold of me LOL) They didn't ring my mobile either. Anyway, I phone them, got through to retentions who must no me personally by now, and was then passed onto another person who seemed to have some authority. That person made enquires while I held the line. Eventually got back to me and promised the team would be at my property today between 8am and 1pm.

Well what do you think?

Oh no, what a cliffhanger, can't possible think what the outcome might be......

They never turned up. I am now ragging. NO!!!!!!!!

Phoned retentions  at 1.15pm today 24th August and they have nothing on file for a visit today. Then gave me some ridiculous excuses about system updating takes 24 hours to verify things.  absolute rubbish, they lied to you What a load of codswallop. Why yes, yes it it I just could not listen to anymore garbage. Told the person I was going to my local news paper and I hung up. Ah now here's the issue, all of VM customer services have been outsourced, the individuals don't actually care if VM goes bust tomorrow, all that will happen is that they will switch to being the customer services department for the Russian Nazi Party or whatever!

I have been a customer of Virgin Media since they merged with NTL. Not entirely the way it worked, but a minor blip in your sorry tale of woe.

Is this how you treat your loyal customers?????? Absolutely yes, yes it is - because they don't actually care.

jem101,

you failed to mark my paper out of 10.

do you get paid to annotate peoples plight with VM.

upgrade cost them £62 per month not me.

I care not for your input.

There are other services out there and it won't be long before I go.

I think jem101 has given a pretty acurate picture of the shambles that is VM. Granted, you probably arent in the mood for it but thats the way it is. And yes there are plenty of other services out there, noone is forcing you to stay with VM. 

I'm aware of the shambles they are in as you put it, although you put it mildly. Just having it first hand has not worn off in the last 13 days. They haven't managed to blame it on Covid as yet. The empire does not work. There are too many call centres situated miles away that have limited access to answer and sort problems. Its like a halfway house to pass the buck for another day. 

When it did work, the only problem I encounter is the **bleep** wifi signal even with the make pretend booster that only consumes electricity and warms the kitchen.  Then along came the council workers and cut the blxxdy cable.

This far into it now, I'll wait for the fix and the compensation package if it exists and maybe then move on.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Lokismith wrote:

<snip>

This far into it now, I'll wait for the fix and the compensation package if it exists and maybe then move on.

Doesn't really compensate for no services but should be running at about £84 so far from what you have written if you phoned in the problem on 12 Aug.

Keep good records of what has happened and all comm's/dates/times on the oh-so-very-remote chance that VM try to wriggle out of paying up!

+ the 4 times they didn't turn up and the one time the engineer turned up to fit hub 4 when the fault was reported the previous week. 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Lokismith, thank you for posting on our help forum and welcome to our community.

We're sorry to hear of what's happened with your services and the delays in the engineer visit to restore the issues you're having.

Could you please let us know how things went since you last posted here on Thursday?

Have our engineers completed the visit to fix the cables outside and do you still need our help?

Let us know of the above, happy to assist further should you need us to.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs