Menu
Jonovark
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Poor Quality Installation

Had a new install at the weekend, BB, phone, TV.....very happy with service and internal installation.......but where cable has been connected on street is a really poor job and looks appalling. My neighbours are complaining and it really isn't a good advert for others in a street where Virgin have just spent 2 weeks digging up and installing cable. Nobody else is going to sign up after looking at this.....such a shame!

How can I get this remedied?

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Quality Installation

Can you post a photo please.

If outside of your property complain to your Council.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
Jonovark
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Resized_20190325_102009.jpeg

The brown cable tidy is about 4 inch from wall and can see cable and screw.....the black plastic cover just off photo to left no longer closes since install

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonovark,

Thanks for reporting this to us, we agree it doesn't look good!  We'll need to access your account to report this and we can do this via online chat. 

Thanks,

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos
Jonovark
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

After 30 frustrating minutes on the web chat I managed to get the matter reported to the installation team who promptly rang me to make an appointment to visit. Duly agreed a date and time and finished work early to be there.....surprise surprise nobody showed up and nobody called (or still has called) to explain, apologise or rearrange.

Why am I starting to regret my switch to Virgin I wonder?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for this having happened, Jonovark.

I get how when one has to prepare for an appointment only to find it a no-show can be irksome.

For a look into what had happened to the appointment, and a possible reset, we can do this via online chat.

Thank you.
Ning_Q

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Ning_Q wrote:

I get how when one has to prepare for an appointment only to find it a no-show can be irksome.

wow !!
"irksome" indeed!

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Wonder if they will get the new no show compensation?

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
Jonovark
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks all for your replies!

After a couple of days waiting I called the installation team back up to chase, it was quite amusing listening to the different reasons/explanations/contradictions for why they didn't turn up.....but I am not a vindictive person and we are all human and prone to mistakes. They have arranged another appointment for this Saturday so fingers crossed.

As a footnote to the appalling installation quality, I just had a second look outside and there is actually a whole (huge) drill bit stuck in the mini manhole cover thing and that is what is preventing it closing....honestly I am actually starting to feel sorry for the guy who installed it as it is SO bad he must have had a really bad day bless him.

Will keep you informed!!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonovark. 

Sorry to hear you've had these issues. I appreciate it's been frustrating for you and I'm sorry that the work wasn't up to scratch. Please mention this to the tech that visits you and they will take a look. Please let us know how you get on this Saturday and if you need any further help. 

Thanks for your patience, it's appreciated. 

Hollie_B

0 Kudos