cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please just send me a technician

AisRae
Joining in

I'm at a new house. All the boxes seem either very old or very worn down. There's an open reach wall box. Which I'm plugged into. It's not working. I didn't think it would.

I wish I'd asked for a technician. Please just send me one. I don't want to try to fix it myself. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

carl_pearce
Community elder

@AisRae wrote:

I'm at a new house. All the boxes seem either very old or very worn down. There's an open reach wall box. Which I'm plugged into. It's not working. I didn't think it would.

I wish I'd asked for a technician. Please just send me one. I don't want to try to fix it myself. 

Why would you expect an open reach (BT) box to work with VM?

You are looking for a Telewest/VM bespoke wall box with a threaded coax connection.

As stated. I didn't think it would. But I tried everything else

There aren't any other boxes. Just random cables. and external boxes covered in snails. Please. Don't respond if you aren't someone who can send me a technician.

@AisRae wrote:

There aren't any other boxes. Just random cables. and external boxes covered in snails. Please. Don't respond if you aren't someone who can send me a technician.

This is a community forum, so is free for anyone to respond.

If you want to speak to VM directly then do so via the methods on their site.

VM will respond on here in around 4 - 7+ days.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Useful. Thanks. Great. Going through a lot. And every solution the site had was to direct me here. Wish you'd leave me alone. Don't appreciate smart alec/ Captain obvious approach.