Menu
Nigel1971
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Plastic spanner missing

I can’t keep my connector tight to the wall socket as it keeps working it’s way loose, I also don’t have the spanner in the new box when the hub was swapped as the engineer put the new shorter piece of cable shortly after a previous visit for a fault, finger tight is not keeping it tight.

Can I get a replacement spanner to use as I have nothing here?

——————————————— My Broadband Ping - Virgin 500mb Home Connection
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Plastic spanner missing

If it won't stay tight it is an indication that the cable is twisted.

Switch the Hub off.

Disconnect the cable at both ends and ensure that the 'nuts' on the cable end fitting are free to rotate.

If either or both are tight you need a new cable and you will need VM to supply one

The little grey plastic spanners are no longer supplied.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Nigel1971
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The technician cut me a shorter made piece. The push on pull of virgin supplied was far too long which I still have put away, the shorter one is much better and tidy where my hub is. The metal nut that won’t stay tight on the wall connector on the socket, the cable seems fine.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried my suggestion ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Nigel1971
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The nuts freely rotate.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

OK.

Wrap an elastic band around the cable nut to give you more purchase when tightening the cable nuts.

0 Kudos