cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Install ending existing provider services

M_star99
Up to speed

Hello i am in my cancellation notice period with Sky tv / broadband (paid until 20th Nov)

I been reading the forums here and even though my VM install date is 1 day before Sky cancellation date.   i am worried based on other experiences here of engineers not turning up/issues setting up issues etc etc, will leave me without services.  

Would it be wise as SKY has no conflict with VM in terms of satelite dish/broadband i should just do it a few weeks before cancellation date? that way if i get issues i am not without TV/Broadband? 

Is this what people do, as there is so many install issues on this forum it seems hit and miss you get up and running straight of the bat.  I am a Volt ultimate customer.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi M_star99, 

Thanks for your post and it's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We're excited to hear you're having services installed. 

We understand delays can be frustrating but unfortunately they do happen on occasions due to the way we provide our network to our customers. Due to this, I would always recommend to overlap your services where it's possible to do so. We understand this may not be an option for everyone though and we do try and ensure your install goes without a hitch. 

Keep us posted on how the install goes and if you need anything - you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It’s always advisable to overlap your services in case of issues.

As an aside, are you porting a Sky landline number to Virgin?

If you are it is not a good idea to have a cancellation notice on your Sky line. This marks the line as “pending disconnection” & any number porting attempt by Virgin is likely to fail, resulting in you losing your number. Under OFCOM procedures Virgin must handle the entire porting process including cancellation of the landline. You only need to cancel TV yourself as the Broadband will automatically terminate when the number is ported.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello i am not transfering any number to virgin, to be honest never use a landline.  With VirginMedia with free calls i may start to use the landline.  Tried getting a free phone but failed lol

Therefore if i overlap my install (e.g Sky finishes contract on 20th Nov, i may change my install date to 5-10th Nov).  So expect lots of questions if it all goes badly as the install stories here for new customers seem to scare me to death!

Hi M_star99, 

Thanks for your post and it's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We're excited to hear you're having services installed. 

We understand delays can be frustrating but unfortunately they do happen on occasions due to the way we provide our network to our customers. Due to this, I would always recommend to overlap your services where it's possible to do so. We understand this may not be an option for everyone though and we do try and ensure your install goes without a hitch. 

Keep us posted on how the install goes and if you need anything - you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs