cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line

Sue02003
Joining in
  • My son has just set up my broadband and landline. The router light is a orange colour but seems to be working. MY landline is ringing constantly engaged. I was told by the virgin man I only need a landline and that's it, turns out I needed the virgin box on the wall that I had in early 2000,  he plugged in to that. But why is my landline ringing engaged. I'm not tech minded in the slightest. the phone line is also into the bb box.. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Sue02003 wrote:
  • My son has just set up my broadband and landline. The router light is a orange colour but seems to be working. MY landline is ringing constantly engaged. I was told by the virgin man I only need a landline and that's it, turns out I needed the virgin box on the wall that I had in early 2000,  he plugged in to that. But why is my landline ringing engaged. I'm not tech minded in the slightest. the phone line is also into the bb box.. 

If you are a new customer, are your porting over your landline number from your previous provider?

For a new customer, your phone would plug into the back of your VM hub via the adapter provided by VM.

21-cv-connection-to-hub.jpg

If you are porting an existing phone number to VM, VM will give you a temporary landline phone number to begin with (which you can use to ring in/out) until such time as your number is ported over.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Sue02003 wrote:

If you are a new customer, are your porting over your landline number from your previous provider?

For a new customer, your phone would plug into the back of your VM hub via the adapter provided by VM.

21-cv-connection-to-hub.jpg

If you are porting an existing phone number to VM, VM will give you a temporary landline phone number to begin with (which you can use to ring in/out) until such time as your number is ported over.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sue02003,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your Landline.

Have the advice from goslow helped in resolving this for you?

^Martin

I have purchased a new landline phone, its arriving tomorrow, fingers crossed its a faulty phone. Otherwise I will have to get in touch with vm. Thank you Sue.