cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line cut

katiesullivan91
Joining in

Trying to set up virgin hub 3. Followed instructions but won't connect, I just have green WiFi light on and flashing green light at the bottom. Tried phoning and they said they'd reset it for me and will work in 15 mins but nothing happened. I have just noticed that a wire going from virgin box on the wall to the phone point is cut, is this the problem or is this wire not needed? Help!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The thin phone wire is no longer used only the thick coax cable that you have plugged into the hub. Try phoning the activation line again.

Equipment activation on 0800 953 9500

If that fails:

Call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The thin phone wire is no longer used only the thick coax cable that you have plugged into the hub. Try phoning the activation line again.

Equipment activation on 0800 953 9500

If that fails:

Call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @katiesullivan91 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry that you have faced these issues with your installation and a big thank you to Tudor for their help here. 

Have you since been able to speak to our teams about this or do you still need assistance? 

@Ashleigh_C wrote:

Hi there @katiesullivan91 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry that you have faced these issues with your installation and a big thank you to Tudor for their help here. 

Have you since been able to speak to our teams about this or do you still need assistance? 

really - is that the level of help these days - can you offer nothing - its ok for Tudor to add his help but some confirmation from staff might be useful rather than whats gone so far - its getting as bad as offshore - they do offer help even if its mainly lies and BS

Tony.
Sacked VIP