Menu
Ravvm
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phone line connected to hub

Recently had broadband installed and virgin phone line. 

When the engineer came to install this he said that the phone line can only be installed from the back of the hub. 

As i had the hub installes in an upstairs bedroom it meant that the main phone line had to be here aswell which is not ideal as the main phone line i wanted to be installed by the front door,

After reading a few comments online i believe i can have a seperate line installed anywhere in the house. 

Is this correct? 

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line connected to hub

if you are on the new network then the telephone line is provided via the hub.
you can run an extension cable from the hub to where you want the connect the phone.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line connected to hub

if the phone is connected to the hub thats the only phone line you can have but they should have offered to wire from the hub to where you want the phone box - it seems not all techs are aware of that [to be generous to them] or simply cannot be bothered to do it - either way they are wrong afaik 

so you need to book a tech to do the job correctly - dont bother with offshore speak to retentions in the UK

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

if that gets you nowhere wait here for VM to pick the thread up - that normally takes a week or so - they should be able to get something sorted

Tony
0 Kudos