Menu
mintymilk
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Permissions for installing Virgin line

So our install date for our Virgin line was pushed back from 23/09 to 02/10, apparently this was due to a "freehold committee" owning the land outisde the property rather than the council, so Virgin had to request permission from this committee.

I've contacted my landlord about this and apparently there's no such committee, meanwhile Virgin is continuing to seemingly make installation requests into a void?

I've been trying to call the person who seemed to be overseeing the initial installation but haven't managed to get through.

Just not really sure what to do here

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Permissions for installing Virgin line

There might not be a 'committee' but someone must be a contact point for the Freeholder[s].

Can you get the name and give it to VM ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
mintymilk
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Permissions for installing Virgin line

After talking directly to support, I gather what they meant by "freehold committee" was our landlord, so I assume they emailed him, and I wouldn't be surprised if he'd simply ignored that as spam, leaving us where we are now.

Recently (within the past week), we've actually changed landlords, so the new landlord should be this point of contact.

The result of the support phonecall was that Virgin would send me an email asking for the new landlord's email, so that they could go ahead and request permission. The new landlord is fine to give permission once they receive the email.

--------

tl;dr I'm currently waiting on an email so I can send Virgin the new landlord's email to request permission for the installation, though I've been off the phone for about an hour and haven't had anything yet. Would suck to have to wait another 45 mins on hold tomorrow and re-explain the entire thing, so do you think there's anything I could manually do?

0 Kudos