Menu
Highlighted
Mpatson91
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pause/disable/suspend wifi remotely

Hi, is there anyway to pause my internet service remotely? I'm out of the country at the moment, and my housemate is refusing to pay his share of the internet bills. I can't really deal with him properly until I return in a week, so until then I want to disable the internet in the property until I can return to teach him a lesson. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pause/disable/suspend wifi remotely

@Mpatson91 wrote:

Hi, is there anyway to pause my internet service remotely? I'm out of the country at the moment, and my housemate is refusing to pay his share of the internet bills. I can't really deal with him properly until I return in a week, so until then I want to disable the internet in the property until I can return to teach him a lesson. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

No, there isn’t a “backdoor” into the superhub to allow you to change the settings remotely, as this would be a huge security risk. You would have to contact customer services & see if they are willing to suspend the account.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

There's nothing you can do yourself.

Your only chance is to ring customer services and ask for your account to be disconnected. But that may be difficult if you are abroad.

(crossed!) 

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am afraid this will not help you, but there is a way to get into a Hub3 remotely and then only when it’s in modem mode. It requires setting up port forwarding on your own router, but it’s certainly not advisable.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos