Menu
KathP
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Password reset

I tried to log into my online account a few weeks ago but had forgotten the password. I clicked on the forgotten password link and was advised to call the helpline. I did and when I asked for it to be reset I was asked what I wanted my new password to be. This wasn't what I expected. A - I was not about to say it out loud in case someone overheard B - I hadn't actually worked out what it was going to be and C - aren't we always taught never to give anyone your password? I was advised this was the only way to do it, so basically if this is true I can never again access my online account. Is this really how it works? Or is there another way to do it?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Password reset

Hi KathP, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you were asked for your password in that way. 

Our Faults team have an option to reset the password however we usually just reset it to something generic and then give you the steps on how to change it to a more secure one. 

If you call again, and they ask you to choose something, select something generic and then you can change the password yourself once logged in to my Virgin Media. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out