cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet Loss and Post RS Errors....again

Sythen
Up to speed

Afternoon all. 

So im getting packetloss and post rs errors again.Taken at 13:29Taken at 13:29Taken at 15:36Taken at 15:36

Screen shots were taken a few hours apart. 

33 REPLIES 33

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have an SH2. From day one it has always had a few RS errors. I was told by those in the know that its a "feature" of the way that the Hub makes its connection. They mount up with time.... I have just looked at mine and they are below (now reset to 0 🙂 )

I have never had any problems on my connection - so I just ignore it (I am in modem mode though)
What connection problems are you having?

What is the evidence for packet loss - have you got a BQM you can share with us?

Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 15.57.44.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Agree with John.  Historically SuperHub 2 does rack up a few PostRS errors without impacting performance, whereas the later Hub's should be zero.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Been running this Hub2AC for years, and have only recently had issues with packet loss.

I use a box internally to measure packetloss. and the fact that ive had lag and disconnects in games as a result. here is the post RS error log since my last post.17:0317:03

And while a few post RS errors over a long period of time is fine. The images you are seeing are from 13:30 today.....

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Post RS errors are the ones to worry about and they are increasing too much in the time period.

Check with Area faults on  0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150

If no faults found

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111 or if you have a VM landline 150 or wait a day or two for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Worth trying to see what VM say... but all I can add is that... the accumulating PostRS errors on my SH2 has never been a connection issue in the last few (>5) years. Connection has been fine in all that time.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

You might want to setup a BQM over at https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality that'll show what's going on with your VM connection.  Post a LINK to a LIVE, SHARED graph here and we'll see what's happening.  Usually needs to run for 24 hours before we can draw reasonable conclusions, but the live graph will continuously update so you can post the link immediately.

If you try phoning in and asking about packet loss and errors, the offshore staff won't have a clue what you're talking about.

Sythen
Up to speed

Counters were reset at 13:45.

098363c74d0ab12de82e329247a7ce362fc3a37d-29-10-2021.png16:2816:28

Hi @Sythen,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having ongoing issues with packet loss and Post RS Errors.

I can understand this is not ideal and want to best help. I have been able to access your accounts and everything seems fine back end. Just to confirm have the issues been the same since you last posted? Has service improved at all?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for getting back to me, Its been about the same, i have seen a rise in power levels across the board. but post RS errors are higher than they should be.123.png