cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POOR CONNECTION

albertz11
On our wavelength

Hub connection is poor. Between 50 and 150 mbps on a 600 mb connection, keep getting message , cant connect  to hub? been in touch with Virgin and done all they said to do , still poor, red light on hub 

102 REPLIES 102

AND I'm sure you can look at my connection and tell me why everything went dead at 17.50 tonight ?????

Hi @albertz11,

Can you confirm if the speed test was done over a wired connection? Again checking your account everything is in order this end. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

How about you read the previous comment ? YES a wired connection. Everything is in order  UNTIL IT REACHES INSIDE MY HOUSE.    The connection drops every night between 11.45 and 00.15. This is a repeat of the issues we had a few years back. It was fixed with a new hub and has been almost perfect up to about 6 weeks ago. Now my mobile phone is quicker. I think I will cancel my direct debit 

Thanks for your posts @albertz11, and I'm sorry this has been dragging on for some time.

Can you please advise me if you've attempted a wired speed test, with the hub in modem mode and plugged directly into the router with a Cat 6 or above Ethernet cable?

If the light on the hub still showing as red?

Have you set up, or considered setting up a Broadband Quality Monitor?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

YES I HAVE tested in modem mode. The light is always RED in modem mode. Why should I set up a monitor? Would it not be better for VM to fix the issues?

A monitor only allows for speeds up to 200mbps....my connection is 600 mbps?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @albertz11 

The BQM will work for you, it monitors all speeds.

I'm on M600 and my live graph is below.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm running it now

Just phoned VM to tell them Broadband not working ( spoke to Kaye or Koy , a guy) Showing as being connected but when I told him the speedtest readings he was bemused. On a 600 mbps connection the speed varied from 2.5 mbps to wait for it 1400 Mbps...No upload speed. SURELY there IS a problem. The hub has gone haywire or there is something seriously wrong . After the conversation he finished by saying monitor for 24 hours and call back, he would log on the system BUT THERE IS NOTHING HE CAN DO TO HELP? Should I just cancel my Direct debit since you are not providing service ?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @albertz11 

I notice you had an engineer visit (post 23) and he didn't check the internet? just looked at the input levels on your TIVO boxes - they have their own built in internet connection which is different to those via your hub3.

You should post your router stats again, like you did in post 4 of this thread, along with the BQM that you now have running.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali