cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POOR CONNECTION

albertz11
On our wavelength

Hub connection is poor. Between 50 and 150 mbps on a 600 mb connection, keep getting message , cant connect  to hub? been in touch with Virgin and done all they said to do , still poor, red light on hub 

102 REPLIES 102

Hi albertz11,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're having some issues with your connection.

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details, I can't see any immediate issues flagging up.

I can see you've mentioned using a separate router, are you able to remove this from the equation and let me know if there are still issues?

Alex_Rm

albertz11
On our wavelength

I've phoned twice about this problem...are the calls not getting logged? Last Friday evening and yesterday. I have told VN support of the problems I am having but they dont appear interested in fixing the issues. The yare sending me a new power supply unit....apparently that will fix the poor connection. I have disabled the wifi router but connections are still poor....... A red light indicates overheating on the Hub....hope they have good public liability insurance for fire.

Hi @albertz11

Thanks for coming back to us.

Please try the below;

•             Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

•             Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location and out of direct sunlight, if possible.

•             Switch the hub back on at the power. The Hub should now operate normally.

If that doesn't solve it, do a PIN reset of the router (60 seconds not 10) if that doesn't solve the red light, let me know. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

albertz11
On our wavelength

Thanks for the response . When I said I phoned  twice  the response from VM support was to do as you have said , reset, switch power off etc etc So I've done it for a third time.....nothing has changed. VM support used to be good, or reasonably good, phone with an issue , can't be resolved , engineer came out...now they just tell you to reset the Hub...even when there is a problem. On a 600mb connection, i should get higher speeds than 50 mbps and at least  have some upload speed...right now I have if I'm lucky upload speeds of zilch. 5 years ago we had the same issues. The fault was too high power on the hub AND a fault outside the building which was fixed....as I say time to look elsewhere . The log file on the hub is Error, Critical, Warning ....does that not tell a story ? 

Hi albertz11,

I'm sorry to hear you're still having some issues with the connection.

I'd like to arrange an engineer to take a closer look, before I can do this I'll need a few more details from you.

I've popped you over a private message for this (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Thank you for sending those details over 🙂

I've arranged for an engineer to visit, you'll be able to view the time and date of the appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm

albertz11
On our wavelength

Thank you

Thanks for joining me on PM albertz11

Just to update the thread, the engineer visit has been booked in.

This can be tracked in your online account

Let us know how the visit goes.

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

albertz11
On our wavelength

I've just looked at the time and date and reason, the morning of Monday 6th December is no use...we work all day, and why a TV fault ?

Hi @albertz11

Thanks for the message. You can adjust the visit in your online account 

Best

John_GS
Forum Team