Menu
NightmareModeGo
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Over a year since the street was cabled. No box.

As the title says. It must be close to two years since our street was cabled. I can step one foot out the door and be standing on where the pavement was dug up, but there is still no box on our street, and no way for residents and the businesses to receive Virgin Fibre.

All the houses a mere 30 second stroll away have it, as does the school on the opposite side. Why are we missed? The internet we have to deal with is absolutely terrible, and I'm desperate to switch to Virgin Fibre, as are many residents I've spoken to about it. Is there any way to find out if there are plans to hook us up, or even a way to petition Virgin to show the want is there?

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Over a year since the street was cabled. No box.

All you can really do if after using the post code checker is to visit the Virgin FAQ page
No sure how effective registering is.
At the end of the day its all down to how cost effective it is to install the cable and ancillary services.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As Davis said the street cabling is almost the cheapest part of cabling an area, the forum team should be able to check in a few days if getting hooked up to the regional box

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Forum Team (Retired) Ben_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi NightmareModeGo,

I have PM'd you for some further details to get this looked into! 

Thanks

Ben_N

0 Kudos