cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outstanding Service Request

rchbrwn
Joining in

Hello, I have an outstanding Service Request due, I am awaiting the cable installation outside my house. The date was originally the 17th of January but it gets pushed back every day. I spoke with Customer Service who guaranteed it would be done on Thursday the 20th but here we are on the 24th and the appointment is still scheduled with nothing completed yet.

I'm due to have an engineer visit to complete the installation on the 5th of February but I'm concerned that the cable installation doesn't seem to be progressing. Should I be concerned about this?

Like a lot of people right now, I am working from home and cannot do this without access to the Internet.

Thanks in advance for any help or feedback on this.

4 REPLIES 4

jem101
Superstar

@rchbrwn wrote:

Snip...

Should I be concerned about this?

Like a lot of people right now, I am working from home and cannot do this without access to the Internet.

Thanks in advance for any help or feedback on this.

Yes, you absolutely should be concerned, if you have a browse through this section of the forum, you will find many cases exactly the same as yours where installation is delayed over and over again (record I believe may still be eleven months), with little warning.

Do you have an existing internet provision now with another company and if so have to arranged two cancel it? If you have then my advice would be to see if you can continue with them on a rolling monthly basis to at least keep you working until VM get you connected up - and that actually isn't a definite!

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi rchbrwn,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your installation. 

I have located your account and would like to look into this for you. 

What I will do is private message you so we can confirm some details. 

^Martin

Chloe626
Joining in

Do you have any update on this situation??

we’ve been waiting for our broadband since 22nd November 2021, and waiting on external work which is being pushed back every day. It’s now saying both external work and installation will be done on 2nd feb but I have a feeling it will be pushed back again ...

Hi Chloe626,

Nothing has been resolved yet. I'm told the pre pull (installation of cable from the cabinet to the property) will be completed today. If I'm honest, I believe that is based on the service request in my orders & appointment but that changes everyday.

If it's still not resolved by tomorrow it is due to be escalated.