cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside wire left exposed

ElBearo
Joining in

Hi,

I got broadband installed and set up and everything a while ago now and we were told when it got set up that the outside wire is currently exposed and needs dealing with so they will send out another engineer in the coming weeks to sort that out as quickly as possible.

It's now been months and the wire is still exposed and I imagine it may even get damaged soon with how long it's been, yes, I could have posted this earlier but I was a bit lazy.

I do not want to mess around with this myself as I usual mess stuff like this up and if I somehow break the cable or something then I'm without internet therefore I'm looking for an engineer or something to come and correctly take care of the exposed wire leading to the street like I was promised if possible. Currently the wire is going from the street to the house and it's completely loose and needs to be moved around whenever the grass in the garden needs to be cut. On top of that, anybody can currenlty just walk by and cut the wire. It's not ideal and would've made a bigger deal when it was installed if it wasn't for being promised someone would come out and sort it.

Thanks and let me know if you need any further details.

5 REPLIES 5

jem101
Superstar

What may help in situations like this, is to take a few photos of the cable and post them up here. If, as it sounds like from your description, the install can be classed as a trip hazard, then VM are more incentivised to sort it out (think ambulance chasing lawyers).

Some photos of the wire outside.I had to reduce the quality of the images to make sure it met the file size requirements but it doesn't look like I lost too much quality.

The cable against the wallThe cable against the wallLeft along the grass and looseLeft along the grass and loose

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That certainly needs sorting out. Best to wait a few days for a VM staff member to get to you post and arrange a technician. You could phone customer services, but I think you would be better off waiting.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi @ElBearo,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear and see you have some exposed cables on the property. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can take some details and offer some further assistance on this. Please respond to this when you can and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ElBearo,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so that we could have a closer look at things to help you out. As we discussed there, a technician appointment has now been booked to address and resolve this.

If you need to reschedule it for any reason, you can manage the appointment via your My Virgin Media online account.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!