cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside cable

Biggordy1
On our wavelength

Ground crew were supposed to come today to install the cable to our house. They didn’t show up. My switch on date has been rescheduled 3 times because of outside cable problems. When will they appear. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Biggordy1

Thanks for posting on our community forum

My apologies to hear the installation date has been delayed, this can be a number of reasons from construction work that is required to waiting on permits to begin construction on the land.

I do apologise for the delay and the team will look to have you up and running as soon as possible 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Unfortunately, no one can answer that (including VM)! If you get lucky, it could be very soon. If you are not lucky, might not be for months.

Your query is unlikely to get attention from VM here in 'Community Natter' as they don't reply here very often. Take a look through 'Quick Start'

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/bd-p/Setup

and, unfortunately, you'll find a whole bunch of similar topics where VM's installation processes and communication with sub-contractors have broken down completely, leading to zero communication between those involved in the installation process and long delays for the customer.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Biggordy1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm sorry to hear that the team didn't turn up on the date that you advised, have the team been out to you since you last posted?

Regards,

Steven_L

My installation date has been moved from 14th February to 15th February then 1st March to 3rd March. Outside contract came last week and repaired ductwork another contractor was scheduled for 22nd didn’t show moved to 23rd didn’t show moved 24th didn’t show moved 25th didn’t show moved 26th didn’t show. Getting near my installation date of 3rd March. My old provider shuts me of on 3rd ( been rescheduled because Virgin didn’t install when they said they would.)  Every time I call customer services I get someone in India who can’t help. I’m disappointed in the service so far god forbid I have a problem after I eventually get installed. 

Hi @Biggordy1

Thanks for posting on our community forum

My apologies to hear the installation date has been delayed, this can be a number of reasons from construction work that is required to waiting on permits to begin construction on the land.

I do apologise for the delay and the team will look to have you up and running as soon as possible 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs