cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside cable installation

Gazpics
Tuning in

Our cabling runs into our front room. Despite having 500mb + wifi there, Virgin ethernet/wifi boosters running to the back of the house (a 6 year old extension) only gives me 20mb. Massively frustrating as this is where my work study is.

Would Virgin run me some cabling along the side of my house and enter at my study, or do I need to hire a local company to do this?

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are they old style ‘boosters’ or the new pods. If they are the new pods it should be mid way between the hub and the target, NOT in the same location. VM could, for £25 run a coax to the back of your house and move the hub, but then you would be reversing the problem with bad WiFi at the front. You best option is to run some Ethernet cable from the hub to the rear of your house and plug the pod into this. Unfortunately VM will not do this, you need to DIY it or get an electrician to do it.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Cheers. Yes, using the old boosters. I thought this might be the case. Thanks for your help 😉

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Gazpics and welcome back to our Community Forums!

Thanks for your post, would be be interested in adding Wi-Fi max to your subscription to see if one of our Wi-Fi pods added to the connection would improve the Wi-Fi services in the area of the property that is proving to be troublesome?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn