cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside cable installation

Gecko2
Just joined

Hi

I'm getting virgin installed in a place I'm renting soon, so far the landlord is all ok but they wanted to know what is going to happen to the garden during cable installation. I think they're worried about it being dug up and left a mess, I tried contacting virgin via the phone but after sever questions and a call transfer the call cut entirely. Any help or knowledge on what happens here would be greatly appreciated

4 REPLIES 4

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there

Thanks for your post!

Have you already booked in the installation? As it's advisable that you have a site survey done prior to the install so we can run through where cabling will run.

Thanks 

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi Christy

Yeah the installation has already been booked, I wasn't made aware of a site survey. I didn't even know cabling needed to be installed until after I booked my package with virgin, I got a text day or two after booking my appointment.

Many thanks,
Brandon

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

You will be best calling the pre install team - 0800 052 1734

As them for a site survey and explain that the landlord needs to know how the cable will run and they should be able to arrange this for you

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it’s going across grass there will be no major excavations. Normally they will just put a spade in, open the ground a few inches & drop the cable flexi duct in.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks