cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside brown virgin media cable box cover completely broken

doubleedge
Tuning in

The outside brown virgin media cable box / cover is completely broken and come off. I am concerned about the cabling integrity to the natural elements as well as unscrupulous people who can easily cut the wires (It has been done before I'm sure) .  I couldn't find anywhere on the Virgin Media help site and app to request a replacement box - how do we go about arranging this please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Post up a photo an a VM person will respond on here and arrange a fix - when they get here in a day or two

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Post up a photo an a VM person will respond on here and arrange a fix - when they get here in a day or two

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John

Thank you for replying back to me, appreciate it.

I have uploaded a few pics of the devastation that has occurred  to my virgin cable box! 😞

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-20 at 17.54.27 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-02-20 at 17.54.27.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-02-20 at 17.54.26.jpeg

Hi John

I marked your reply as answered my query - I hope I haven't by mistake closed this ticket ??? 🙂

Hi there @doubleedge 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced some damage to your Omnibox cover, I'd be happy to arrange for an engineer to come and resolve this for you. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Hello again, 

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for your Omnibox – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the My VM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

The outside virgin box has been replaced and looks great 👍.

Thank you Virgin Media team for getting this done so quickly. I'm very impressed.

Also special thanks to the engineer, he was professional, did the job and a good attitude to his job and work.

DSC_0504.JPG

Hi @doubleedge 👋

Thanks for taking the time to come back to us in the Community. 

We're really happy to hear the engineer visit went well and the new box is looking great. 

We'll pass on your feedback regarding the engineer too 😀

If you have any further queries then pop back to us and let us know. 

Many thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@daviebeech wrote:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225418622571?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=3lwkpxgftem&s...

And that’s all fine, fitting it really shouldn’t cause any issues, a bit annoying to be doing VM’s job for them when you are paying for this, but whatever.

What interests me is how these ‘official’ VM branded omniboxes end up on eBay, wouldn’t be an installation tech running a bit of a sideline, no?

@Ayisha_B my omnibox is missing how can I get a new one please?