cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside brown box cover

lakelins
Joining in

I am re-joining Virgin broadband and have noticed that the cover on the brown box on the outside wall has come off and is now broken. I was just trying to get hold of a new cover but this seems to be difficult. Could anyone advise on how to get a new cover without the requirement to pay for a service visit?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you getting a quickstart pack? If you go for the Tech install option they will refit that at the same time.  Always a "safer" option in case other issues are present

When are you planning to rejoin?

Post up a photo of the box/damage.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you getting a quickstart pack? If you go for the Tech install option they will refit that at the same time.  Always a "safer" option in case other issues are present

When are you planning to rejoin?

Post up a photo of the box/damage.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks John,

Already signed up for the self-install as I had the connection anyway. After signing up I checked the box and found it broken. Just a bit annoying to pay for tech install when the cover can only cost a pound or so.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Just wait until you are up and running and then call it in as a fault and they will send a Tech to fix it for free. A VM person can also arrange that for you on here - once you are up and running with an active account.

Post up the photo to help with that once you are connected

--------------------
John
--------------------

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi lakelins,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear the outside box is damaged, so I can arrange to get this fixed for you I'll need to confirm a few details first. I've popped you over a private message for this (purple envelope top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Hi there.  I have recently moved house and have virgin broadband up and running.  When I moved in the brown box was smashed.  Can I organise a replacement one? Thanks 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @2leith,

Thank you for getting in touch with us and for reaching out for some help in regards to your omni box. 

I can see that you created your own thread and I have responded to you there. 

Please come back to us on your thread so we can help further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs