cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside box damaged

splendid-noodle
Tuning in

Hi,

I've been a customer less than a month, but my outside wall box had basically fallen to bits through age months ago by the looks of it. The wiring inside it has been exposed to rain for a while now and the coupling from street coax to home coax is starting to develop surface corrosion.

I reported this over 2 weeks ago by phone, was told to expect a call back from an engineer within a week and so far nothing. The functional half is currently propped against the wall with a stone, but unfortunately is now also inhabited by a family of snails.

Eventually water is going to destroy the connection, so for the second time, please send somebody to repair the wall box. I need a connection I can rely on.

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please post a photo to allow VM to assess what is needed.  If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and arrange the repairs.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @splendid-noodle,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry that your omni-box has been damaged, I can arrange for this to be repaired from here but would need to confirm a few details via private message to get this booked in.

Please look out for the purple envelope on your screen and reply to my message.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @splendid-noodle
I have arranged the appointment, and you can track your engineer appointments online. Simply sign into My Virgin Media and you will see your appointments on your account dashboard. However, this can take up to 24 hours to be updated. 
Regards,
Steven_L

Engineer came and put on a new cable tie to bodge the old box back together. There was already a broken cable-tie there so this had obviously been done before, and subsequently failed since while the front of the box is "attached" to the wall, it's the wrong repair. The front and back half of the box don't even match or mate together!
You have part of a much smaller box on the wall, and a big brown face covering it that doesn't even clip into it or anything. It's just flapping about with this long cable tie being held over a little white bracket/frame on the wall, which is clearly from a different type of box! Weeks of faffing about for something I could have just bodged together myself. It should have been replaced. No other word to describe it other than lazy.

Thanks though for a decent forum response Steven. Rest of the process is a shambles.

Hey splendid-noodle, thank you for reaching out with an update, I am sorry it has not been completely fixed.

I will send you a PM to discuss this, however are all the services working as they should be? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Connection seems to be fine so far yeah. If it wasn't for the shoddy installation I'd have no complaints!