cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside Line/Box damaged. Unable to call or arrange on website for repair

JezzaF1
Tuning in

Hi,

I'll more than likely require a forum team member to sort this so community guys dont worry.

I've been having intermittent faults for about 4months since my line was destroyed by the council 'fixing' the outside pavement. They cut through the line that supplies my full package of TV, 1gig and phone (though i never use the phone).

I was told at the time that this was fixed by an emergency Virgin engineer, but as the line is literally sitting on top of the pavement/property line (I went out to check after recent storm) I'm not so sure as the casing looks cracked and broken. The line seems to be no longer underground, as it was crudely concreted to a boundary line that no longer exists after the council removed it.

Also, the box that the line goes into on the outside of my properly is completely hanging off the wall and all wires and connectors are dangling into a drain, why it was intially installed there i do not know... my line/box are from the blueyonder/NBC era, and hasnt been touched since, bar a few repairs when the signal drops out.

Is there any chance this could be looked into by an engineer, as when I rang up I was told they couldnt do anything as the line was 'working' at the time of the call. And the website keeps giving me an 'oops that link seems broken' everytime I open support.

Kind Regards

8 REPLIES 8

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your best bet is to wait for a VM staff member to get to your post, may take a day or two.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @JezzaF1 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your cables. 

As a few days have passed since your post, have you managed to get things sorted? If not I can arrange for an engineer to get this resolved. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi @Zak_M

No I'm still awaiting something to be arranged.

Kind regards

Thanks for confirming JezzaF1,

So I can help with this I've popped you over a private message for a few more details (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Pm sent,

Kind regards

Thanks for confirming your details via private message JezzaF1,

I've arranged for an engineer to attend to fix the cabling, you should be able to view the time and date of your appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm 

Thanks,

Have a good Christmas

You too JezzaF1, please let us know how the visit goes 🙂

Rob