Menu
LeanneChe
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Outside Cable wrapped around neighbor's tree

Hi

I have a problem, which I don't know how to solve. When Virgin Media installed the outside cable, they didn't do a great job. I complained at the time, but I never received a response. Now it turns out that the good Virgin workmen wrapped the cable around a tree, which belongs to my neighbour. To make matters worse, the cable is above ground, hidden in the bushes separating the two properties. It doesn't look good. 

Can I unplug the cable going into the outside box myself, and then untangle the cable from the bushes and the tree, and then re-install the cable? Or should I call out an engineer? I hold my hand up. I barely own a screwdriver, and I would be more comfortable someone professional doing it, than I trying my luck.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have attached 2 photos. Hopefully you can see that the cable is simply just lying in there. It makes trimming the hedge or any other word there extremely precarious.

Thank you

WhatsApp Image 2018-09-04 at 08.53.07.jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-09-04 at 08.52.51.jpeg

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outside Cable wrapped around neighbor's tree

Mine runs on the ground between properties and is in a green flexible plastic conduit this seems to be the standard way of doing things to me.

Think you should phone VM and report the missing conduit and poor quality work.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

PS

Your photos have now appeared.

I see you got half a job with the green conduit.

0 Kudos
LeanneChe
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

WHY is Virgin Media not responding to my question? Is it normal to have your internet cable lying around in bushes, wrapped around a neighbour's tree?

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Have you not phoned VM as I advised earlier?

These forums are basically for customers to help each other not to contact VM, but VM employees do drop in.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
LeanneChe
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

granted I have not. I have messaged them, but I have not received a reply. 

many thanks

Leanne

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I didn't know VM could be e-mailed that is what I presume you mean by messaged, anyway advise still stands on phoning.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi LeanneChe,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. Apologies for the delay in getting back to you about this.

I need to investigate this a little further and email the area manager and send the photo's over so they can see this.

As soon as I have a reply I will pop back and let you know but I will need some further information to ensure we have the correct account information.

I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Speak soon,

Louise

Forum Support Team

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Leanne,

I hope all is well with you. This is just a quick message to advise I'm still waiting for an update from the area manager on this.

I have sent a follow up email today and I will get back to you as soon as I have a reply.

Take care,

Louise

Forum Support Team

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Leanne,

Thank you for your patience in waiting for me to reply. I have not heard back from the area manager at the moment, it appears he is on annual leave. I have now followed this up with a manager who is covering while he is away.

Hopefully I will hear back from them soon.

Hope you have a nice weekend.

Take care,

Louise

Forum Support Team

Forum Team