Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outdoor works completed, but install delayed

mileswross
Joining in

IMG_20230629_201935.jpg

Hello,

Was all set to be online July 4th and had my outdoor work complete (see above) but the received the following three messages...

SMS to say work was completed and we'll see you on the 4th

SMS to say work was not completed and we'll see you on the 17th

Email to say there might be a delay...

Not sure what's gone on really! Work looks done, could I just get a virgin box and drill the hole myself? Any idea what could be the holdup at this point?

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It may not be connected at the street cabinet for whatever reason? 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mileswross
Joining in

Seems to follow the same path as the other cables on the building. I'm also not sure why they put a new box on at all, there is already one on the building under my window that's used for the other unit. Can you have more than 3 out the same box?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Personally I've never seen any spliiters with more than 3 outlets, but there may be.  For buildings with multiple VM installs, they usually would have some sort of internal distribution setup in a "comms cupboard" inside.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey mileswross,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I would be happy to take a further look into this for you and find out what is actually happening and why your install has been delayed but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Thank you very much! Just DM'd you the requested details.