cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outdoor box issues

strike4a
Joining in

Have been having intermittent problems with internet. Checked outside box and this is the sorry state. One of the connections heavily corroded with some black coating so perhaps that is the culprit.

What is best way to arrange a fix for this?

IMG_1442 (1).jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey strike4a,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for your first post.

Oh wow, that omnibox is in a sorry state! I'm sorry to hear this has bee affecting your broadband service and for any frustration caused. 

I'll pop you over a PM now so that I can arrange an engineer visit for you. Please find my message over at the purple envelope 🙂

Thanks,

Beth

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Z92
Trouble shooter

If you wait a while (maybe a few days) then the staff here can get an engineer out to fix that for you.

Or you chance it with customer services, but unless your connection is actually faulty they might want to charge for an engineer call-out as a "Non fault".

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Z92 wrote:

If you wait a while (maybe a few days) then the staff here can get an engineer out to fix that for you.

Or you chance it with customer services, but unless your connection is actually faulty they might want to charge for an engineer call-out as a "Non fault".

The Omnibox and cables are the responsibility of VM and I would doubt if any charges would be applicable to maintain their own equipment.  After all it's in their own interest. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey strike4a,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for your first post.

Oh wow, that omnibox is in a sorry state! I'm sorry to hear this has bee affecting your broadband service and for any frustration caused. 

I'll pop you over a PM now so that I can arrange an engineer visit for you. Please find my message over at the purple envelope 🙂

Thanks,

Beth

Beth

Thanks, this has now been sorted promptly. Turned out apart from the outside box causing issues, there were faults with my white SH3 and also another issue at the local VM box down the road. Sometimes only an engineer will identify and eliminate problems.

Hi strike4a, 

Thanks for coming back to us and updating us on how your visit went. I'm glad that the engineer was able to get things fully resolved for you and that the omni box has now been repaired. 

If you have any further issues, don't hesitate to pop back here and let us know so we can help you further. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs