cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outdated VM Wall Socket

AdumaMum
Joining in

Hi, I’ve just got Virgin Media for the first time and did the silly thing of going through with QuickStart. 

I’ve also just noticed that I have an old VM wall socket from someone who had previously lived at my address, but it appears the cable had been cut prior to me moving here.

I was wondering if anyone could guide me through what to do next as my current provider expires in less than a week.

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The first thing is to start making alternative arrangements for your internet connectivity. Either extend the disconnection date of your current provider, or put something else in place for the intervening time.

Second, you'll likely need a manned installation for your VM services. You can arrange either by calling in, or waiting on this forum - that may take a couple of days.

Once you know the date of your manned install, then you can plan how long you need your existing connectivity for. Whether you want to allow some overlap is upto you, but it's probably a wise idea if connectivity is vital for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AdumaMum, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you were not able to complete your installation due to the cables being cut by a previous occupant.

I have taken a look from our side and can see you have recently spoken with the team to get this sorted. 

If you do require any further assistance, please do get back in touch and we will be able to help 🙂 

Thanks, 

Nat