Menu
Fabulosa
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Outage in BN1 3 area

I've had no broadband for over 24 hours now. There was a report of a problem in my area on the Service Status page, which was cleared at about 4pm yesterday (09/08/19) and I received a text, but still no service. When I call 151 I get an automated message apologising for the fault in my area, but still the Service Status page says there's no problem. When I (after a 3 min wait) got through to a real person she said that there is a fault and it won't be fixed until MONDAY AFTERNOON! 

How does Virgin consider this to be good service? To have an outage for 4 days is totally unacceptable. I doubt very much if I'll get the statutory compensation. Virgin knows that they have a monopoly on decent broadband speed and they exploit that every day in the terrible customer service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outage in BN1 3 area

Hi there @Fabulosa

Thanks for your post - sorry to understand that you've been experiencing some issues with your broadband and that this is down to an area issue. 

When we are advised about an area issue, we'll do all we can to get this sorted out as quickly as we possibly can; unfortunately some issues do take longer to fix than others and for this we do apologise. 

After doing some quick checks from here, we can see that the issue is still ongoing - this has been raised under reference number F007310561 and the estimated fix date is listed to be 12th August.

Once the issue has been resolved, your account will be checked to see if it falls under the auto compensation scheme. You can read more about this here: Auto Compensation Scheme

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Fabulosa
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well, guess what - it had a fix time of 11.30 this morning. It’s still not fixed. The service status page shows there’s no problem but calling 150 says there’s an “intermittent” problem. It’s not intermittent it’s PERMANENT! My last attempt to call Virgin’s “support” on 150 put me through to the wrong department and left me on hold for over 40 minutes  I didn’t get to speak to anyone as my phones battery died. I don’t know how to end this message without some very rude words so I’ll just leave it...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear the issues appear to be ongoing for you Fabulosa. Often once an area issue has been resolved a reboot of your equipment would be required - have you given that a try? 

If you have, and if the status page/diagnostic tests from here don't provide a solution please let us know so we can investigate further.

Tom

0 Kudos