cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered 1Gig broad

Carmz
Tuning in

Hi.. Perhaps you or one of the moderators on here could PM me,  ordered the 1gig but having been put on the 600mbps

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A VM person will respond in a day or so to advise. It may just be a admin error - or there may be a Technical reason such as 1GB is not actually available in you location yet - or its oversubscribed etc ... VM will advise

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A VM person will respond in a day or so to advise. It may just be a admin error - or there may be a Technical reason such as 1GB is not actually available in you location yet - or its oversubscribed etc ... VM will advise

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Its probably due to the stock shortage of SH4s

@jbrennand Thank you for your reply.

For clarity, I was previously an ultimate oomph customer on 600mbps and a hub 3 with maxit tv, anytime phone line and unlimited Virgin sim.

Was coming to the end of 18 month contract so called up to negotiate with retentions to stay with Virgin and be put on the ultimate volt package, the current equivalent of the ultimate oomph bundle.

Spent 3 days calling up, being cut off, being told a supervisor\manager would call me back, made a complaint to get a manager to call me back. All to no avail.

On the 3rd day called again and got straight through to the most helpful gentleman Scott who was here in the uk who didn’t mess about and put me on the ultimate volt bundle for the same price as my last 18 month contract. Sorted everything out but when he tried to apply the 1gig bundle, it wouldn’t let him do it and after he spoke to some of his colleagues on WhatsApp group chat he said there was a shortage of hub 4s, which are required for the 1gig. So he said he’d put it through on the same speed I was previously getting (600mbps) and he would make a note on the account that I would be sent an email as soon as a hub 4 was available and then change the speed to 1 gig.

This call took place on Tuesday 22nd March and my contract states 600mbps. I am still within the 14 day cooling off period, and so called 4 times today to try and get this resolved as I would like to have what I originally agreed for the price originally agreed.

Unfortunately I could only get through to overseas today but managed to order my 2nd Wi-Fi pod while I was at it.

I’m perfectly happy with all the services and extras provided in my new ultimate volt bundle, I just would like the hub 4 and 1gig speeds originally agreed without a cost increase.

Hopefully some kind person on here will be able to help.

@jb66 you seem to have hit the nail on the head