Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Order Issues

I’ve been on the phone to Virgin twice now and they’ve still not placed my order correctly. Can someone from pre install team please contact me. Virgin continue to try and take over my sky broadband. This is not what I ordered. Very close to cancelling the deal now. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Order Issues

Virgin can not take over your broadband as come down two different mediums the only way a virgin order can affect anything to do with your sky setup is if virgin so taking phone line and you've requested to port your number.  That order would close your sky telephone and broadband services but that is the only time a virgin order would have any outcome on your sky services.

Andy, Field Technician working from home.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

That’s my point Andy. They have decided to take over the phone line despite being told a new master socket will be needed. I need to cancel the order then re-order. But explaining this seems to be a bit of a hassle. I phoned again yesterday and they said it was sorted. I checked “my media” today and they’re still giving me a phone and broadband. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

We woudnt need to install a master socket as our new customers phone line now works through the modem. When you get your modem there is now 2 telephone sockets on the back 

Hope this helps

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The phone socket you currently use from sky is an Openreach socket virgin do not use pho e sockets or phone lines our service is provided via coaxial cable in the home and as the last person advised your phone socket will be on the back of the modem.  If you've received communication from sky saying they are switching your broadband and phone off then you must have requested to port your number as this is the only way we would interact with another provider if you took a new pho e number the  your sky phone and broadband would remain until you chose to cancel it.

Andy, Field Technician working from home.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

im sorry but it doesn’t help. I’m still going to be billed for a phone which is not needed. It’s broadband only I’ve ordered and it’s still taking over  the Sky Broadband that in the house already. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Andy, I do appreciate your help but I can assure you that it was not to be transferred. I have it all on screenshot of the conversation I had with the rep. 

I made it clear that it was to be broadband only, that it was not to interfere with my Sky and that was to be left alone. That it was a separate entity and not to involve Sky whatsoever. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So you just need to speak to sky and they will stop any services leaving  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I did speak to Sky. Virgin or a 3rd party representing Virgin contacted them and told them that they were taking over our broadband and phone. 

Sky said I need to cancel order then re-order it for the system to go back to normal. 

Ive tried twice to sort it out with Virgin but it still keeps saying in “my media” that they are installing a phone as well as broadband. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This is what is in my virgin media now. Can someone please just contact me and fix this mess.  Now there is no broadband at all and just a phone.

sorry picture hasn’t worked correctly. 

8C40F996-C786-418A-99E8-3CD863496D8D.png

0 Kudos