cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange light on

Jamie13
Joining in

Hi I have only been with vm for two weeks and have a constant orange light.

And have connectivty issues

I have a pod upstairs and when i try to scan the various rooms it says i have not conected with my hub3,

I have connected but cannot scan,

Any ideas please

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jamie13,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post!

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with the service. 

Did a factory reset as suggested by Adduxi help?

Let us know so we can offer further support if needed 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha

yes I did factory reset and the orange light is still on,

not best pleased as tried to download film and it took soooo long,

any other ideas would be appreciated 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

Post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub. Also setup a BQM to monitor your circuit www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment.

Note VM do not guarantee wifi speeds.  All tests should be done wired directly to the Hub.  Do a speed test at www.samknows.com\realspeed and post the results.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for confirming that Jamie13

I've checked our systems at this side and cannot see any issues with your power level, everything looks in spec. There are also no area concerns that might be causing the connectivity issues you're experiencing. 

Are you experiencing any issues on your wired devices at all, or it is just over the WiFi? I can see that you have another Pod on the way, please let us know how you get on with this and if it improves your connectivity. 

Please also check that any devices that are close to the hub that can be connected directly through ethernet, such as TV's, set top boxes, consoles and desktop etc, are connected and those devices that cannot be wired in but can interfere with WiFi signals, such as any devices with Bluetooth and radios frequencies, are away from the router. 
If you are still having issues, I recommend following Adduxi advice, and setting up a BQM and sharing this with us on here. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley