cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange light on Hub

Christ888
Joining in

Hi,

I've just signed up to Virgin Media and installed the Hub and 360 box. The problem I've got is the Hub light has never gone a solid white. It's orange. 

I tried to install the 360 box onto the TV anyway but it wouldn't recognise the ethernet connection so I had to use the WiFi connection instead and although it worked the orange light is still on the Hub.

My concern is obviously the speed I'm getting as ethernet is faster and the fact the startup guide says it should be white.

I've been through all the diagnostics I can online and reset, checked cables etc. So I'm not sure what to do next. I've also tried chatting online but I'm still waiting for 2 hours now so I thought this might be quicker.

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The LED components on the Hubs are known to fade over time, so I wouldn't worry too much about this.

However, if the ethernet ports are not working, that is a big issue !

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up for investigation.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The LED components on the Hubs are known to fade over time, so I wouldn't worry too much about this.

However, if the ethernet ports are not working, that is a big issue !

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up for investigation.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Adduxi I'll leave it on and see if anyone else can help. 

Hi @Christ888 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the issues with the Ethernet ports on the router. 
I will send you a PM now to assist further.

Kind regards.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill