cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only one session at a time is allowed

baldyslaphead59
On our wavelength

Common issue as have seen this on lots of other posts.I have had several disconnections of my internet in recent times, and although work was recently carried out in my area, have still experiences the same issues two day after.

If this doesn't resolve itself, I will raise an issue with VM directly.

That aside, because of those issues, I have pin reset 3 times now, and still cannot log in to my router, which when doing so, says 

"Please note!

Someone else is currently logged into the settings page. Only one session at a time is allowed. Please try again later."

As the turning off for 30 seconds and on again,  and pin reset hasn't worked, what's next, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @baldyslaphead59 

You need to reset the router exactly as below.

Keep the hub switched on and disconnect any ethernet connections, then push the reset button firmly with a paperclip or something similar and keep it pressed in for a full minute.

Wait around 10 minutes and it should revert to factory settings. You can now reconnect the ethernet cables.

If you previously changed your router password it won't work and you will have to use the one printed on the sticker on the router. You can always change it again by going into the settings

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

21 REPLIES 21

baldyslaphead59
On our wavelength

I am having the same issue.

Have reset my HUB3, so now all my smart plugs won't work until I connect to the right network.

I can't however get in to the hub rename it, to the name I used previously, as I need a 2.4ghz connection!

Not using the connect app (have it but signed out), am not accessing the router via  my smartphone, only via my laptop, which gives me the "Someone else is currently logged into the settings page. Only one session at a time is allowed. Please try again later." message!

Cleared all browser cookies prior to trying to log in.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @baldyslaphead59 

You need to reset the router exactly as below.

Keep the hub switched on and disconnect any ethernet connections, then push the reset button firmly with a paperclip or something similar and keep it pressed in for a full minute.

Wait around 10 minutes and it should revert to factory settings. You can now reconnect the ethernet cables.

If you previously changed your router password it won't work and you will have to use the one printed on the sticker on the router. You can always change it again by going into the settings

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

That did the trick, thank you Dave.

Although the previous solution worked, it does reset the settings of the router, and means I then have to reset a lot of my smart connected devices to get them to work again.

A lot of them will only connect to a 2.4ghz network so I have to set the router up again to show these separately, each time!

Why can this issue of not being able to sign in to the router be resolved without this happening as its bloody frustrating.

Although I've had an engineer out today (to increase my upstream levels to prevent connection issues), I now cannot log into my router again, as I get the following message again!

Please note!
Someone else is currently logged into the settings page. Only one session at a time is allowed. Please try again later.

This is just ridiculous, surely there has to be a better way to resolve this than pin resetting the router every time!

Make sure you log out of the GUI before you close the window.  If you don't log out it will think a user is still logged in

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

• Cheers for the reply Richw, but can you be a bit more specific, please.
  •  

When your in the settings pages and want to exit, don't just close the window as it will keep you logged in.  Top center of the page there is a 'log out' button which will log you out and not cause issues when you want to log back in again 

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

Thank you for the response Richw, but my point is, that when I visit ANY other website that I wish to use, and have an account with, it asks me to sign in.

It doesn't block me and tell me I'm signed in somewhere else, (my tablet, smart TV, or mobile phone) and block me, it let's me sign in.

As I can't access the router "settings page" because I'm logged in somewhere else, I can't get in to log out, without having to do a full pin reset, which seems madness to me, and others, who have posted the same issue.

The error message we get when being unable to sign in is also confusing, as it states "

"Someone else is currently logged into the settings page. Only one session at a time is allowed. Please try again later."
Why does it say "Please try later"?,
Trying later won't resolve the issue, without a pin reset, or asking the "someone else" to sign out!

baldy.

Once you get the ""Someone else is currently logged into the settings page" and you know nobody else is signed in your only option is a pin reset.

Next time you access the settings page make sure you actually logout to prevent the problem happening again. Ie, don't just close the window.

Yes, it's stupid, but don't expect it to be fixed any time soon, as it's been going on for years now.