cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Omnibox broken

donaldgreig
Joining in

Hello - I was asked by a VM subcontractor if I would share my broadband connection with my neighbour while his awaited repair. I agreed and the contractor has unfortunately broken the Omnibox. I contacted VM who advise I need to pay for a replacement or raise a complaint. Is this not just a simple repair at VMs cost. I was trying to help my neighbour! 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As it was a VM contractor that broke the box you will not have to pay. Wait here for two or three days and a VM staff member will get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As it was a VM contractor that broke the box you will not have to pay. Wait here for two or three days and a VM staff member will get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @donaldgreig, thanks for you post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the damage that's been caused to the omnibox from one of the contractors.

Can you please provide me with an update on any discussions you may have had with our team on this matter?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David

As it happens, the Keir guys also managed to break my phone line so the VM engineer who was out today to fix the phone line did a fantastic job tidying up the cables and sorted out the Omnibox. So top marks to the engineer. 

So sorted now but thanks so much for reaching out.