Menu
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Omni box cover

The cover of my neighbour's omni box is missing. Normally you won't be concerned about something like this but we have a shared siamese cable which is split at their box, so the cables including bare phone wires are exposed to the elements. I think that the neighbours are no longer VM customers and are not living in the house as they stay with their daughter.

Can I get a VM technician to come round and refit a new cover. I also want a dedicated cable like almost everyone else. A bit of history: I got VM when I did a house move in 2005 but some years later my broadband and TV abruptly stopped working. Thankfully the landline still worked so I used it to report the fault. Several days later a technician came, resolved the problem and told me that my neighbours had recenly had VM installed and the installer did this by nicking my connection. Needless to say, I was not amused.

I can't bear the thought of trying to explain this to a call centre, so can a forum team member please assist.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Omni box cover

Hi Roger_Gooner,

Thanks for posting, 

I'll send you a PM to get both sorted out.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Omni box cover

The technician came round today and I explained the situation. He took reading with a handheld device of my hub to get the signals (all good) and called his manager. Two options were offered: I could get my dedicated cable at a cost of £110 (as there isn't a fault) or when the next occupant of the neighbour's house (it's empty and up for sale) subscribes to VM a new cable could be pulled for the neighbour. I opted for the budget option and he replaced the splitter with a straight connector and fitted a new omni cover.

He then rechecked my signal levels, all still good, so I'm happy with this as I've now got a dedicated connection to the cabinet and the connector makes no difference to my services. Here's a photo of the neighbour's omni box with the new connector, the white cable goes into the neighbour's house and the black cable at the bottom left goes across the front exterior walls to my house.

20190926_130023_25.jpg

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos