cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old virgin wall socket

Shenekareid
Joining in

Hi I ordered the quick start self installation and when I started setting it up, I noticed I do not have the round part on my wall but instead have the older virgin wall socket. Could I have an engineer come out please?

here’s picture of the wall socket and the round part included in the pack

45678A1E-5743-4568-A8FF-B6B0E75344C4.jpeg

31C11BE1-E0E7-4876-A969-F573B79DFDD0.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5

stabilo00
Fibre optic
Look outside for a brown box and trace the cables from there into the property and see what you have.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The square box is a very old one when VM did ADSL broadband, it is now useless. You need a larger white box with a threaded connect on it. Try tracing the coax as said before. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Shenekareid

Welcome to the community forum page and thanks for posting this, 

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your quick start, but from taking a quick look at  your account, I can see that you have spoken to our team to get a technician booked. 

Can I just confirm that everything is all sorted for you? If not I'm more than happy to hep you, but please do let us know. 

Thanks

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello sasha

Yes it’s all sorted now 

thank you 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi  @Shenekareid,

Thank you for coming back to us about this.

We're glad to hear that everything is working great. 

Please give us a shout if you need anything else. 🙂

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs