Menu
JemDevon2019
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Old tenant still has live account so I can't set up my new one, how do I resolve this?

I am due to move into a property on the 1st August so contacted Virgin to get the ball rolling so I don't have to wait too long to get broadband set up. I have been told there is already an account at this address, it can only be the old tenant who has already moved out - I know this as I have been round to an empty house to measure up for furniture. I contacted the letting agent and they said they will try to get hold of him, I'm guessing he left quickly. What do I do if they can't get hold of him and he doesn't cancel his account? Will Virgin cancel his account and start mine if I can show them my signed tenancy agreement on the 1st? I was signing up to a deal that ends tomorrow (25th July), will Virgin honor this offer?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Old tenant still has live account so I can't set up my new one, how do I resolve this?

the account can be marked as gone away, and your account can be put in place, and if any money is owned on the account this can be chased up by virginmedia etc

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

JemDevon2019
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old tenant still has live account so I can't set up my new one, how do I resolve this?

Thank you, I will try and phone them to get this sorted today.

0 Kudos
JemDevon2019
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Spoke to Virgin last night and was passed around 3 different departments, they all said the same that they need to speak to the old tenant before they can close his account and set up mine, I know the old tenant only lived there for 6 months, so I am guessing he signed up for a 1 year contract with Virgin then because he has moved early and doesn't want to pay the exit fees. I asked if I could provide a copy of my tenancy agreement to prove that I will be moving in next week and was told that they still need to speak to the old tenant first. What if he never makes contact? I sent a message to the letting agent last night and have asked them as a matter of urgency to keep trying the old tenant to see if they can make contact. I am now seriously re-considering even moving into the property if we can't get broadband at all. I have checked other providers and it says that broadband is not available at that property, must be because Virgin are using the line. 

@paultechy wrote:
the account can be marked as gone away, and your account can be put in place, and if any money is owned on the account this can be chased up by virginmedia etc

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

having virgin at the property wouldn't affect your ability to have another supplier.
what they availabity check is probably doing is that seeing that you don't have a BT line so can't offer those services.

you can easily get a BT line installed though should you want to go down that route.

would be interesting to know if the old tentant is still paying the virgin bill or not. if they aren't then surely viring have already disabled the service at the property.
0 Kudos
JemDevon2019
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@chenks wrote:
having virgin at the property wouldn't affect your ability to have another supplier.
what they availabity check is probably doing is that seeing that you don't have a BT line so can't offer those services.

you can easily get a BT line installed though should you want to go down that route.

would be interesting to know if the old tentant is still paying the virgin bill or not. if they aren't then surely viring have already disabled the service at the property.

Thanks for your response, I will definitely bear that in mind re. BT if we can't get it resolved with Virgin.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi JemDevon2019

Welcome to our community forums as paultechy has mentioned, this would be deemed a "gone away" you will need to call our sales team on 03456000789

They can get this added for you and advise going forwards.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
JemDevon2019
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Joe_F wrote:

Hi JemDevon2019

Welcome to our community forums as paultechy has mentioned, this would be deemed a "gone away" you will need to call our sales team on 03456000789

They can get this added for you and advise going forwards.

Thanks Joe_F

Thanks Joe, I've just tried ringing the sales team and they were very helpful and are going to put the 'gone away' form in like you and Paul said. Appreciate the advice.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You are welcome, Unfortunately this does sometimes happen, but rest assured our sales team will help you get things sorted.
Best of luck with the house move, if you need anything else please let us know.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos