Menu
Robincrook
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Old style internal wall socket. Quick start ?

The internal box in the property I am referencing is a plain cream box as shown below. Will the Quick start cables fit or will I need an engineer? Appreciate any replies. Thank you.IMG-20190209-WA0001.jpg

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old style internal wall socket. Quick start ?

no reason they wont fit.

0 Kudos
Robincrook
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply.... it's just that the modern box has one connection point which is then connected to hub and tv via a splitter. I'm not sure that the cables that connect to the splitter will fit the old box directly.

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well looks extremely like mine a year old except both mine say Virgin Media on.

Of course here I only read of quick start that doesn't work but I would say if only £20 to have an engineer install that's good insurance against it not working and not having to wait a couple of weeks for a repair.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
Robincrook
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks... you say it looks similar to yours... are all your leads including to the box push ins or is the ones to box screw types?

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If a cable company fitted the faceplate it might have been someone such as Cambridge Cable as there used to be an FM outlet. You can connect to the TV outlet and it may work, but I'd prefer to get in a VM technician to bring it up to standard and check the signal levels.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Robincrook wrote:

Thanks... you say it looks similar to yours... are all your leads including to the box push ins or is the ones to box screw types?

'F' screw type.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

If a cable company fitted the faceplate it might have been someone such as Cambridge Cable as there used to be an FM outlet. You can connect to the TV outlet and it may work, but I'd prefer to get in a VM technician to bring it up to standard and check the signal levels.

Luckily for the OP this is a triple outlet providing separate FM, TV & BB feeds. The FM is disused, but the other 2 should work as long as the drop is still live to the cabinet.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports/Cinema (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, 350M BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
0 Kudos