cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old outside wall box damaged through age

edward32
Joining in

Our outside wall box is so old that it now is falling apart how do I go about getting it replaced?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up.   A photo will help VM to see what exactly needs repaired.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up.   A photo will help VM to see what exactly needs repaired.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Edward. 

Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear about the box on the wall falling apart. I'll continue this conversation with you directly through PM so I can book someone to come fix it? If you have a picture of the box that would be very helpful. Thanks @Adduxi

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

gcfalco
On our wavelength

Hi Carley,

I've a very similar issue. The box is letting water in so it's only a matter of time till my phone, broadband & TV all go off.

Can I send you the details?

Cheers,

Gaz

Hi Gaz, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear your omni box is letting in water. We can certainly arrange for someone to come out to get this sorted for you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Gary,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

gcfalco
On our wavelength

That's great thanks!

Please let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

gcfalco
On our wavelength

Hi,

Your chap is just done. He didn't change the wall box but cleaned it out, replaced exposed connections, etc. He did ask if I wanted a replacement box but pointed out the original was sound just never properly installed - it had never closed properly from the off.

So hopefully sorted - he's left it all properly closed up, all neat & tidy.

Might be my imagination but the broadband seems to be running quicker than before - a speed checker puts it at 371 mb/s though I've no idea what it was before. Any techie out there might be able to explain if it's possible new connections plus maybe tweaking settings might increase speed? 

Many thanks!!!

Hi gcfalco

Sounds like a great result all around

I would say if the box has been open to the elements and the Technician has changed all the internal connectors etc 

Then it will have improved the actual service 

Gareth_L