Menu
Dostoy1024
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Old cabling, not sure how to connect

 Hi everyone

we’ve just received our kit and tried to follow the instructions but they don’t match our cabling (we don’t have a wall socket).

the black and white cables coming out of the wall box go to the bottom and middle connectors on the second photo.

I tried disconnecting on cable at the top of the second photo and plugging the cable from the pack (labelled for the wall) into that but had no connection.

anyone seen anything similar?

Thanks 

D2A33769-3CFE-4D6C-89DF-18E557AC9C5B.jpeg

F62D5F26-FD4C-452F-BF16-028ADFE97A34.jpeg

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Old cabling, not sure how to connect

The cable marked “In” on the Tratec splitter is the incoming from VMs network. Unscrew one of the other two cables (doesn’t matter which) from the splitter & push the connector you have been given over the outlet. Then see if things start up. If they don’t you need to trace the incoming back to see if it’s disconnected further up the line.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Dostoy1024
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Great, thank you, that’s a male connector so I can’t try it. I’ll book an engineer

0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry what male connector? Unplug one of the white cables and discard. Plug in your new supplied cable where the white cable was plugged in. The new VM cable is male push-fit and the socket on the splitter is female.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

They've probably tried to connect directly to the incoming feed, rather than the splitter. That's what normally happens. 

0 Kudos