Menu
Highlighted
zalvera
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Off to a great start, Virgin

Hub and TV box delivery was booked for today. I'm paying for services from today. I took the day off work to get everything sorted. And Yodel tracking shows package not arriving until tomorrow.

Who can I contact to get this sorted?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Off to a great start, Virgin

Hi phone 0345 454 1111 go down the thinking of leaving us route you will get through to a person in the UK, as it may take 3 or 4 days for a virgin person to respond on here.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
zalvera
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tried to ring Yodel, the callcentre bot says "there is a problem with your delivery" - impossible to get through to speak to a human! Then rang Virgin who swear it'll be delivered today.

We'll see...

0 Kudos
zalvera
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Finally got through to speak to a human at Yodel. They say 'the estimated delivery date provided by the supplier' is tomorrow and it hasn't even arrived at the depot yet.

Virgin still insisting it'll come today!

Feel very messed around. I wouldn't be so annoyed if I hadn't taken the day off for it. No one will be home tomorrow and I'll have to drive twenty miles up to the Yodel depot on Saturday. Who's dropped the ball here? How can I find out who is at fault when they're both blaming each other?

0 Kudos
Andruser
Well-informed
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Doesn't matter whether it is Yodel's fault, they're sub-contractor to Virgin Media, with whom you have your contract.  Using the contact details LittleMick73 has provided, phone up, explain the circumstances, politely* tell the agent that this is a formal complaint, and ask for a credit against your account for the wasted time, broken appointment, delay in commissioning, and possibly travel expenses to the Yodel depot.  I can't judge what you will be offered (if anything) but suggest you aim for two months credit of your full contract rate.  Be willing to compromise, no point holding out if they're in the right ballpark.  If they won't offer anything, or insufficient to satisfy you, ask the agent to confirm that this is a "deadlock" situation, so that you can take the complaint to CISAS (search and read the VM complaints policy!).  If they won't compromise you'd need a "deadlock" confirmation, and to complain to the arbitration service CISAS.  If your term is within their terms or reference (search and read CISAS terms) then they'll independently assess your complaint and award compensation if appropriate, and it costs VM hundreds of pounds for each valid complaint, so that's an incentive to VM to avoid these situations.  There's no cost to you, even if CISAS don't uphold your complaint.

* No matter how annoyed you are, it isn't the agent's fault.  In the past I've made an a*se of myself by being rude to VM's staff when complaining.  My attitude didn't help, and I didn't feel very good on reflection, so I recommend we all keep it polite even if we're not happy with the agent's response to a complaint.

zalvera
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Andruser wrote:

Doesn't matter whether it is Yodel's fault, they're sub-contractor to Virgin Media, with whom you have your contract.  Using the contact details LittleMick73 has provided, phone up, explain the circumstances, politely* tell the agent that this is a formal complaint, and ask for a credit against your account for the wasted time, broken appointment, delay in commissioning, and possibly travel expenses to the Yodel depot.  I can't judge what you will be offered (if anything) but suggest you aim for two months credit of your full contract rate.  Be willing to compromise, no point holding out if they're in the right ballpark.  If they won't offer anything, or insufficient to satisfy you, ask the agent to confirm that this is a "deadlock" situation, so that you can take the complaint to CISAS (search and read the VM complaints policy!).  If they won't compromise you'd need a "deadlock" confirmation, and to complain to the arbitration service CISAS.  If your term is within their terms or reference (search and read CISAS terms) then they'll independently assess your complaint and award compensation if appropriate, and it costs VM hundreds of pounds for each valid complaint, so that's an incentive to VM to avoid these situations.  There's no cost to you, even if CISAS don't uphold your complaint.

* No matter how annoyed you are, it isn't the agent's fault.  In the past I've made an a*se of myself by being rude to VM's staff when complaining.  My attitude didn't help, and I didn't feel very good on reflection, so I recommend we all keep it polite even if we're not happy with the agent's response to a complaint.

This is very helpful. I rang again earlier and the agent just blamed Yodel. I didn't think to ask for compensation. But I'll call again.

Thank you Andruser.

0 Kudos
SonarUK
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

please make your self aware of this

When am I eligible for Virgin Media’s automatic compensation scheme?
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

https://twitter.com/SeriousFamily

Vivid 350 | Hub 3 modem mode | Asus RT-AC86U (Stock-Firmware)
0 Kudos
Andruser
Well-informed
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good call by SonarUK, but the "automatic" compensation shows what a joke of a regulator Ofcom are, and how little VM think of their customers. If you're taken a day off work because of a VM "appointment" and they don't show, then even on minimum wage for an adult, that should be £60 not the £25 on offer. Probably worth pursuing the complaints procedure as far as CISAS if they think your time is only worth £25 a day. Even if CISAS only award you the same £25 miserable quid, then at least VM have to pay up a case fee of between £150-450, which might (eventually) persuade them to behave more competently.
zalvera
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Called back VM to try to shake some compensation out of them. Spoke to two different agents who agreed compensation was due but were apparently unable to view how much it would be?? 'Call back when billing has gone live'

The customer service is so bad it's funny. And I've only been somewhat inconvenienced; imagine how awful it must be for people with more serious problems...