cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not even activated and hating Virgin

EAB2021
On our wavelength

Due to a divorce and moving to a rented flat I have no broadband option other than Virgin.

My service has not even started yet and I'm pulling my hair out. 

1. You have my postcode twice on the emails you are sending me. It is not possible to view or change my address in my account online or in the app, so I called your customer 'service' line and spoke to someone who kept asking me where in the online account I'm seeing the issue. After five minutes of repeating myself I gave up. It'll have to stay wrong. 

2. I ticked for self install, but my account shows a technician is coming to install the services and that I must wait in all day. 

3. I tried to complain but got a semi literate email in response telling me to call the pre-installation team, but no number was given to do so. 

4. I'm in a vulnerable position and needed to discuss my contract with someone who actually understands what I'm asking. I don't know if it's deliberate, but the people on the phone claim to not understand my questions, whereas if I call EE I immediately get a nice person who understands the problem and doesn't rest until it's resolved. 

You are quite possibly the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. 

8 REPLIES 8

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@EAB2021 wrote:

<snip>  2. I ticked for self install, but my account shows a technician is coming to install the services and that I must wait in all day. 

<snip>

It could be because the flat is not suitable for a Self Install kit. so need a technician to attend. ?   You have a 14 day cooling off period once it is installed, so make sure it's working before this deadline.

As for alternative, can you get a 4G or 5G signal, as EE do Routers that work on the Mobile network.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

EAB2021
On our wavelength

well no one has informed me an engineer is coming. I wouldn't know if I hadn't logged in. 

and 4g broadband seems to be £55 a month for unlimited, so not really competitive 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Three do unlimited 4G packages for £25/month - no upfront cost - 12month contract. Or £30/month on a 1 month contract.

Smarty use the Three network and are even cheaper

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

EAB2021
On our wavelength

I can't find the section of smarty site that provides a router. Do I have to buy that separately? 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Ah... yes - there is that issue. Three supply it as part of the package

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

EAB2021
On our wavelength

And as far as I can tell I'd only get 14 megas download speed at my flat from three

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@EAB2021 wrote:

3. I tried to complain but got a semi literate email in response telling me to call the pre-installation team, but no number was given to do so. 

Hi @EAB2021 

You can contact the pre installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @EAB2021,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear that there appears to be some complications with your installation. As I can see has been mentioned earlier in this thread, there are some circumstances where we would need to send an engineer to complete an installation, and I'm sorry to hear that this wasn't communicated clearly to you.

When is the installation set to go ahead? Have your services been activated yet?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!