cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to fix isolator cable into wall socket

raoseemakurty
Joining in

Hi There,

I am not able to fix Isolator cable into the wall socket, please can you help us with the work arounds

19 REPLIES 19

If you can confirm that the socket in the picture is indeed a Virgin media socket, then all you need is the adapter I linked in my previous post. But its highly unlikely that the socket in the picture is Virgin media's, unless it's a new-build home.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Luqybb91 wrote:

You've suggested the wrong adapter. What he/she needs is this https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-0-02m-f-socket-to-coaxial-plug-adaptor/5028422001936_BQ.prd

Sorry, but that's not right for a Virgin Media connection.

No matter what type of design the wall socket is, for Virgin Media it'll always have a screw thread coax connection.

Any wall point which doesn't have that can't be for Virgin Media so there is no point trying to get it working with an adapter.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thank you for the response. I am not sure whether it is Virgin media Socket or TV socket.  In fact the owner has left a ethernet cable for us. 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Luqybb91 wrote:

You've suggested the wrong adapter. What he/she needs is this https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-0-02m-f-socket-to-coaxial-plug-adaptor/5028422001936_BQ.prd

I've suggested the correct adaptor assuming there is another cable in the premises - what you suggest is of no use as the wall plate in the photo is nothing to do with VM

Tony.
Sacked VIP

I meant it's wrong for that specific socket in the picture. I have a follow-up post asking the op to verify if it is a VM socket, and I did express my doubt of it being so.

If there is a terminated coax cable coming into the property without the usual white VM housing, then yes, the adapter you suggested is correct.

Hi raoseemakurty,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see you haven't been able to find an internal socket to set up your services, I have been able to locate your account with the details we have for you and can see you have a Technician booked to get this set up for you, if you have set up an Online Account you can view/ change the appoiuntment , this can be done via Help, My appointments?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul, 

Thank you for your response. Yes, I have booked for a technician assistance as I could not able to resolve the issue myself. Thank you for your support Community!

Hi @raoseemakurty, it's no problem, we are here to help!

If you can get back to us to update the thread following your technicians appointment, we will be interested to know how you got on. Hope it all goes well!

All the best, 

Molly

Hi Molly, 

Issue is resolved. Technician has done necessary setup. Problem is resolved. 

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @raoseemakurty 

That's great to hear and thank you for letting us know! 

Are you able to cancel the appointment your self via your My Virgin Media profile here

If not can you reach back out to Molly via the PM and she will sort it for you.

Thank you.