cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to fix isolator cable into wall socket

raoseemakurty
Joining in

Hi There,

I am not able to fix Isolator cable into the wall socket, please can you help us with the work arounds

19 REPLIES 19

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The wall socket should be threaded with a centre hole. The isolator cable should have a centre pin and is push fit onto the wall socket. What exactly is the problem.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

• Thank you Tudor for the prompt response. The size of the Isolator and Soket Size are same and the I am not able to insert the Isolator cable into wall socket.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check the socket to see if there is a broken off pin in the centre, if so you could try removing it with a small pair of pliers or even some tweezers. It should just push fit on, perhaps with a slight turn, but it’s certainly not screw on. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

post a photo of the socket

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi Tony, Thank you for your response.   Please find the pics for your reference. Isolator is not going into Wall SocketIsolator is not going into Wall SocketEnd of the IsolatorEnd of the IsolatorWall SocketWall Socket

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That’s not a VM socket. It’s a TV aerial point. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Adduxi, Thank you for the prompt response. I could not find Virgin Sockets in my property. I have asked Virgin Media team to assist me.  

this might help

not all installs have an internal box

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - as said it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

if you find a cable you need one of these to attach the cable that came with the quick start kit

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

Tony.
Sacked VIP

You've suggested the wrong adapter. What he/she needs is this https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-0-02m-f-socket-to-coaxial-plug-adaptor/5028422001936_BQ.prd