Menu
Spambhoy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not a question, as such.

I had previously booked an “engineer” for a site survey and installation. He “hummed and hawed” and left me with 25 metres of cable and did nothing ? It cost me the princely sum of £99, for nothing. I complained when the bill arrived and was told, by someone in the Philippines?, that I didn’t complain at the time ? I honestly didn’t believe that I would be charged for nothing, but the bill arrived 6 weeks later which was outside the 31 day rule ?

To cut a long story short, an exceptional engineer arrived on the 31st of October and “boshed” the job in 1 hour.

VIRGIN, you have to iron out these phenomenally disparate levels of customer service ( and I would like the £100 back to give to the “exceptional” engineer ).

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not a question, as such.

Hi Spambhoy, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you had such a poor visit. Am I right in thinking that you've now had a 2nd engineer visit who has completed the job you needed doing? 

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Spambhoy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I have Kath ( and apologies for the protracted delay as I didn’t receive an email to inform me of a reply ) Who knew ?

My builder and I ran the cable that was “left” after the first visit. I now have two V6 and fully functional at both ends of the house.

The point remains, I’m still £100 lighter for someones 10 minutes of ineptitude and 30 meters of cable ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Spambhoy, 

So what was the visit for then, to install another V6 box?

If so then are you sure the £100 charge wasn't for the activation of the V6 box? 

Have you had a look through the bill to check what the charge is for? As we wouldn't charge to come out unless you're having a box moved due to decorating or moving the boxes to another room. Was this the case?

Fault call outs would still be free. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Emma_C 

the OP says

I had previously booked an “engineer” for a site survey and installation. He “hummed and hawed” and left me with 25 metres of cable and did nothing ? It cost me the princely sum of £99, for nothing. I complained when the bill arrived and was told, by someone in the Philippines?, that I didn’t complain at the time ? I honestly didn’t believe that I would be charged for nothing, but the bill arrived 6 weeks later which was outside the 31 day rule ?

does that not say all you need

Tony
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well said Tony, the moderaters seem in some cases to answer a question with another one when if they read the OP properly it's all there.
0 Kudos