Menu
OHangartner1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Nonexistant Tivo Box

Dear reader,

After months of fruitless phone "discussion" with a totally inept customer service team, I've reached the end of my tether. A written complaint was submitted months ago regarding my contract but I am STILL awaiting a response. I gave up on this company last year after being overcharged £60, but my local virgin representative (Jason Brooks) coaxed me in once again with a promise of free installation and 3 months of free sky sports- unbeknownst to me this rolls onto a 12-month recurring package. We never received or had installed a Virgin Tivo box at the registered address. We never watched television through a Virgin medium. We used the Sky Sports access ONCE, to watch a few hours of golf. 

For the following 8 months, I got on with my life but neglected to check my account page, as I was merely the designated wifi payer in a student house with 4 friends. Around Easter, I finally checked my account page and found that I was being billed a whopping £83 p/m, made up of "200mbps" broadband (£42), Sky Sports package (£36), and mobile broadband (£5). I have never owned a phone with virgin, or willingly or knowingly signed up for a mobile contract with them.

I thought I had finally put this all to bed when I begrudgingly paid all outstanding fees and sent back the internet router, but today I received a warning from Virgin, stating a fine of £90 if this isn't returned. I have since moved from the relevant address and do not know how to obtain more returns packaging; please please can someone here point a tiresome and skint student in the right direction, or tell me if I have a legitimate trading standards case.....

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nonexistant Tivo Box

Sorry to hear of this experience that you've had with us OHangartner1.

Can I ask when you send the router back to us? Was it in the last few days? If you have sent the router back to us and you have proof of this, please ignore the message that you've got from us as we may have not processed the package return yet. 

Also if you'd like to raise a complaint about the experience, you can do so using the methods detailed here

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
OHangartner1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I took the packaged router to my nearest collect plus last week so I presume it is in the mail. What concerns me more is the Tivo box which I don't have but you are expecting. I will cancel all direct debits and take appropriate action with trading standards if I am charged fines for not returning it. How can I be sure my complaint will even be listened to this time, I have zero faith.....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update and sorry for the complications you're having.

You can order another returns package if needed to an alternative address here.

As for the Tivo box I will need to gain access to the account in question to view this so will pop you over a private message with some security questions to do so.

Please go to the purple envelope in the top right to respond to this.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos