cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No welcome email/letter etc, can't set up My Virgin Media

racerdeth
Settling in

Afternoon all

My wife and I signed up in advance through a sales rep many months ago (I was still under contract with Plusnet until this month) but we never received any of the welcome emails. Obviously, as this was all set up at the doorstep more than half a year ago, the memory is a little foggy, but no matter what route we take through "forgot username/password" or "register" on My Virgin Media hasn't worked. We have checked every one of our inboxes and spam filters for evidence for which email address is registered to the account, and every email address we try on the MyVM form to send a reminder email comes back with an error.

I'd held on until installation day (today) because at least then I could get a hold of our account number, but it seems our engineer has only given me 8 of the 9 digits upon writing it down (also not helped that I can't tell if one of the numbers is a 6 or a 0 - but that's a moot point when I'm missing a digit!) so entering the account number isn't helping on the online forms either.

The site's "help" section just takes me round in circles so I'm hoping that the VM forum team could swing by and lend a hand. 

Thanks in advance

Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Nick,

The majority of VM account numbers are 9 digits in length, however some are only 8 digits.

The system normally accepts it if you place a zero in front of the 8 digit account number.

You will also probably need the area number, hopefully a member of the Forum team will be able to help with this however it may take a day or two before they pick this up.

You may need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate your equipment. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code. Hopefully they can process that without the area code.

You can also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone, or  freephone number 0800 052 0422

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Nick,

The majority of VM account numbers are 9 digits in length, however some are only 8 digits.

The system normally accepts it if you place a zero in front of the 8 digit account number.

You will also probably need the area number, hopefully a member of the Forum team will be able to help with this however it may take a day or two before they pick this up.

You may need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate your equipment. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code. Hopefully they can process that without the area code.

You can also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone, or  freephone number 0800 052 0422

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave

Everything's working fine, getting great speeds, etc, just unable to create/access a My Virgin Media account, but I tried the 0 before the 8 numbers trick and it's let me in to create one - thanks so much for your help! Looks like we were signed up with a typo in the email address, which explains a lot. Time to dig in and see how we sort that!

Thanks again
Nick

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Nick,

That's great news. Thanks for the update.

You should be able to amend your contact email address if necessary when you log into My Virgin Media - try the following link

https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/view 

contact email addresscontact email address

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Yep, all sorted. Thanks again.