cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No wall socket

User112233
Joining in

9C9D4D60-0E4F-4B1A-8318-70BF2F5F1185.jpeg

I am struggling to understand why VM allowed us to get a self-install kit when there are no compatible sockets in the house.. 

I’m working with the selection of three wires which cannot connect to the VM wall socket wire and the open reach socket, which does not connect Ethernet. Can someone advise on what needs to happen for us to get online (I’m guessing a technician needs to come out, what a surprise). 

6 REPLIES 6

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All that VM know is that there was a customer previously using the address. They do not know if that customer or someone else then removed the sockets and/or wiring in the meantime.

More often than not it has been ripped out by a Sky installer & replaced with satellite cables.

BT Openreach is a totally separate network & nothing to do with VM.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Appreciate the quick reply. It’s the VM hub 3 and there isn’t a VM wall socket in the house sadly, just the BT Openreach socket you can see in the background of the photo. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi there @User112233

Thank you for your post and I'm so sorry to hear that you have not yet been able to install your services! 

Have you been able to speak to our teams to arrange this yet or do you still require assistance? 

Thank you. 

Still not received any assistance if some could be provided that would be fantastic. 

Thank you for letting us know @User112233.

We have had a look into your service and we can see that a technician appointment has been booked regarding this. You can verify this in your my VM account https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media. You can also amend the appointment date and time. Is there anything else we can help with?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs